Simple to do list for incorporating in Estonia
- Choose the company’s business name — Visit the e-Business Register’s name query section to check whether your chosen business name is available and then register it.
- Choose the main field of activity — Determining a field of activity is based on the official classification “The Estonian Classification of Economic Activities” (EMTAK).
- Obtain a legal address — Your company needs to have an Estonian address. NJORD can help you obtain a legal address, navigate the business registry, offer assistance with obtaining a bank account, and provide other services.
- Register your company (OÜ) — Electronic registration in the Company Registration portal is the most convenient and quickest way of establishing a company. This requires that the founders are natural persons, who can sign the application of initial entry and establishment documents digitally (meaning they hold an Estonian, Latvian, Belgian or Finnish ID-card or Estonian e-residency card).
- If founders do not hold an ID or e-Residency card, then a visit to a notary in Estonia is needed to verify the foundation documents. If you want to skip travelling to Estonia, then NJORD can arrange an establishment remotely, based on a Power of Attorney. The only thing you are required to do is to obtain a notarized and, if applicable, Apostilled certification for that proxy and send it to us by courier.
Fill in the legal assistance request form