We recommend verifying the distinctiveness of your preferred company name. You can do so in the name query section of the e-Business Register information system.
What to consider:
- The company name must be clearly distinctive from other business names entered into the Estonian Commercial Register and the Estonian and European Union trademarks already registered (unless the companies are operating in different areas of activity).
- A name cannot be misleading with regard to the legal form, area of activity or scope of activity of the company or contrary to good morals.
- The company name must include an indication of the company’s form of business (such as OÜ or “osaühing” at the beginning or end of the name).
- The company name of a FIE must include the entrepreneur’s given name and surname.
- The company name must be written in the Latin alphabet and preferably without any special characters or symbols.